<>

Albert Camus

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

too painful to move on - Shattered (Broken Trilogy #2) by J.L. Drake

“I’m sorry for what happen to you, but I’ll never be sorry for tracking you down and failing in love with you.” 
Some lies can just be too painful to move on from.
What’s worse than being Broken?

Description:

Release Date: May 12th, 2015

After witnessing the murder of her lover and the heartbreaking loss of their unborn child, Savannah wants to end it all.

Then she is given a second chance at love.

Sadly, even when life hands you second chances it doesn’t always follow that things will work out the way you want them to.

Some lies can just be too painful to move on from.

What’s worse than being Broken?

Shattered…

My name is Savannah Miller.

My father is the mayor of New York.      One day after my twenty-seventh birthday I was grabbed from behind. A cloth sack was quickly pulled over my head, and I was taken from everything I’d ever known.
    I was beaten, starved, treated like an animal, and forced to live in a room with no windows. With no sense of time and no dignity left I finally gave up hope and made a promise to myself to end it all. 
     Unfortunately, it was going to be a slow process.
     Then one night an elite group of US Army soldiers came to my rescue. I was brought to a safe house and given two options:
     One- Stay under their protection and follow their rules or…
     Two- Leave and be guaranteed to be returned to the savages within a week.
     I chose option one.
    As I work with a therapist and begin processing my hellish ordeal things slowly begin to surface.        With the help of new friends and a potential new love I fight to get my life back and make choices that will forever alter my future.
    This is my story...
About this author:
J.L. Drake was born and raised in Nova Scotia, Canada and later moved to Southern California where she lives with her husband and two children.

She released her first novel "What Lurks in the Dark" in June 2014 but after the series got picked up by a publisher it was pulled. It will return late 2015. 

"Bunker 219" is found in the Unleash the Undead Anthology. Her "Broken" Trilogy is being released now, as well as, "All In," in the Second Chances anthology comes in June 2015.

Other places to find her:

1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Magnificent quote by Al Kamoo (the Way of the grammatical - most Americans would have no #@!! idea how to pronounce the T at the end. they'd most prooo'bly pronounce it). C'est la guerre --- Q: Who’s the extraordinary GODy, par excellence, with no expiration date and an IQ higher than K2? A: Lemme tella youse a de-facto-story, brudda:

High, girl.
I gotta lotta tantalizing, mellifluous illustrations on 20 blogs…
and I’m more than happy to share,
to give to you what God has granted me - a steward
in this finite existence, this lifelong demise:

faith, hope, and love,
the greatest of these is love -
jump into faith...
and you'll see with love.
Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe
(what I write);
God believes in you, girl.
God. Blessa. Youse -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL
Meet me Upstairs where the Son never goes down…