Published: October 14th, 2017
Who keeps the Royal Marine's heart safe when he's running headlong into danger?
Akash Robinson fuses his Indian and British heritage into his baked creations. His life is all things sugar and spice, especially when a blind date leads him to the older military man of his dreams. Family, friends, and an unwanted admirer all threaten both his sanity and his budding romance.
Hamish Ross carries the names of his lost soldiers on his back. He takes his work seriously with no time for love. All it takes is one impulsive kiss to lead him into uncharted romantic waters.
When a sarcastic baker mixes with a stoic alpha marine, who will come out on top when the flour settles?
The Royal Marine is book four in Dahlia Donovan's international bestselling gay romance series, The Sin Bin. Each one features hot rugby players and the men who steal their hearts.
My visual inspiration for Akash is Raza Jaffrey
In book four of The Sin Bin, The Royal Marine, which comes out in October, Akash Robinson gets his chance at love. He finds himself in the midst of an awkward love triangle. The baker has shown up a few times in the series thus far, but only as brief mentions. This is the first real chance readers get to meet him.
I thought I'd give a brief introduction to him with a few random facts.
1. He's biracial (or mixed race, depending on what term you prefer). His mother is Indian, and his father is Caucasian. He and his sisters
2. Akash is completely obsessed with cooking reality TV shows. His personal favourite is The Great British Bake Off.
3. He always wanted to be a baker.
4. Until recently, Akash lived at home with his parents.
5. His hands and arms are covered by tiny scars from getting burned while baking.
6. Ganesh is the cat that his sisters gave him. Akash has a love/hate relationship with his cat.
7. Akash played cricket at school--badly. He doesn't like talking about it. His dad loves to tease him about it.
8. As a youngster, Akash learned self-defence and has picked up several martial arts.
9. One of his greatest joys in life is creating spice combination that represents both of his heritages.
10. Of the three Robinson siblings, Akash has the worst memory.
11. He and his two sisters were all given Sanskrit names.
12. Akash's name means sky or open space. His mother wanted him to feel free to grow into a great man.
Anyway, so there's a bit about Akash Robinson. The strong-willed, sassy baker who tries to run away with the heart of a certain retired Royal Marine.
About the author:
Dahlia Donovan wrote her first romance series after a crazy dream about shifters and damsels in distress. She prefers irreverent humour and unconventional characters. An autistic and occasional hermit, her life wouldn’t be complete without her husband and her massive collection of books and video games.